<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blog.pved.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Parents Via Egg Donation Organization: Meet The Twiblings

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meet The Twiblings

This is probably one of the longest articles I have ever read, and I devoured every single delicious word. I hands down loved this article.  I have heard of Melanie Thernstrom she authored a book that I am sad to say I haven't read yet about chronic pain titled "The Pain Chronicles" which I do need to read because I too suffer from chronic pain.

Anyhow back to the subject at hand -- This article called Meet the Twiblings (published in the New York Times)  was just simply beautiful, articulate, to the heart.  Melanie just expressed my feelings in such a lovely lovely way.  I think she spoke for many of us how we feel about third party reproduction -- that my eyes and heart were just over flowing with love and gratitude as I read and nodded and read.

My only regret is that I will never know my son's donor.  It's not in the cards for us and that makes me sad.  However, it is what it is, we have an amazing child -- and it doesn't get much better than that.

The other part about this article that I loved so much was her quote about embracing transparency.  It's why it's so important to be open about egg donation.  It's why I myself have embraced transparency.

Check out this article -- it's totally worth the read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/magazine/02babymaking-t.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home