<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blog.pved.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Parents Via Egg Donation Organization: How PVED Came To Be

Thursday, April 3, 2008

How PVED Came To Be

After many years of struggling with infertility I discovered through a friend that the technology to have a child through egg donation was available. I was curious, excited, and above all hopeful that this process might be my magic bullet to finally achieving my life long dream of becoming a parent.

As I began my quest to learn about egg donation I became frustrated because clearly there wasn’t a lot of information out in the world, or on the internet for this particular process through ART.

What I needed was education and support. I was also lacking another important factor that I didn’t recognize until I received it – which was empowerment. After searching high and low I found through the American Surrogacy Center as small list called “MVED” or Mothers via Egg Donation. It was this list that became my life line throughout the process of having my son.

Through a series of events this e-mail list or “life line” as it was to me and so many others experienced many technical difficulties and finally ceased to exist for a long time. It was during this time I began to receive many emails from women like myself who felt lost because their life line has been severed. I decided to do what seemed natural and that was to start a sister MVED group on yahoo, and since 2004 we have grown to over 1000 members and their partners and the numbers continue to climb each and every day.

In 2007 we began to be approached by single mothers, fathers, as well as gay and lesbian couples who wanted to know where there place was in all of this. These individuals didn’t feel like they had any safe harbor to receive support, to be educated, or become empowered, and often felt isolated.

My solution to that was to create an organization that would embrace every parent who had chosen egg donation to grow their family no matter where they were in the process or even the world for that matter.

The organization was created to provide an informational, and supportive environment where parents and parents-to-be can come together to exchange information about all facets of the egg donation process with respect to growing their families.

Our mission and purpose is to educate, support, and empower families and individuals who chose to use egg donation to create new life. We offer information regarding agencies, legal and medical professionals, treatment centers, mental health therapists, pharmaceutical companies, and other resources.

Above all, we are dedicated to being a place of safe harbor and hope, giving individuals the opportunity to connect with other parents and parents-to-be who have chosen this avenue to build a family.”

“Wherever you are in the process, there is a place in our community for you."
And we believe that one hundred percent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home