<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://blog.pved.org

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Parents Via Egg Donation Organization: Who we are...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Who we are...

I am asked often why this organization was created.

To me it’s obvious – but after thinking about the organization as a whole I can understand why those who don’t understand about third party reproduction could conceivably be scratching their heads confused about this organization.

As of 2007 approximately 3.5 million couples in the United States are infertile. In 2004, the most recent year for which data has been published, there were 15,175 cycles, resulting in 5,449 babies. That’s a whole lotta babies, and even more parents who may or may not have support regarding their choices in growing their families.

When I began this process many years ago I had no resources, no support. It was the blind leading the blind. I didn’t know I had a say in my treatment, who my donor might be, costs, or what I could do to increase my odds of success regarding our IVF cycle.

My hope is that this organization is going to help those regardless of where they are in the process. That our organization will be a "one stop place" for education, empowerment, and support.

I created T-PVED-O to provide an informational and supportive environment where parents and parents-to-be can come together to exchange information about all facets of the egg donation process with respect to growing their families.

Our mission and purpose is to educate, support, and empower families and individuals who chose to use egg donation to create new life. We offer information regarding agencies, legal and medical professionals, treatment centers, mental health therapists, pharmaceutical companies, and other resources.

Above all, we are dedicated to being a place of safe harbor and hope, giving individuals the opportunity to connect with other parents and parents-to-be who have chosen this avenue to build a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home